Optimize Your Workouts
How would you like to get the most of your exercise routine? Strategically plan your workouts with the following techniques:
* Dynamically Warm Up – activate the muscles you will use with low intensity movements (e.g. jumping jacks) instead of static stretching.
* Do Intervals – vary your speed and workload to burn fat and increase fitness level.
* Order your Weights – do weights before cardio for building muscle; do cardio first for endurance or fat loss; or alternate days.
* Fuel Post Workout – have a protein shake within 30 minutes following your workout to help recover.
* Keep Track – monitor your intensity/sets during workouts and your progress along the way.
To recover while still burning calories, focus on active rest by adding one or two days of lower intensity training.
Extra Tip: Drink lots of water to stay cool and prevent aches.
Contributed by Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy. Part of the Power Living® Empowerment Series.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT: Check out articles and tips on Healthy Living and Work & Life. For inspiration, go to our Quote Cards, Affirmations, Impressions, Postcards, and The Power of… column. Also, check out Power Living TV and The Power List of powerful books, movies and DVDs.
PRODUCTS & COACHING: For more, check out Power Living books, CDs and more. Need help reaching your health & wellness goals, clarifying your purpose or taking your work/life to the next level? Find out about our coaching services.