In the News…
* Is Your Brain Chemically Dependent On Stress? (Fast Company-02/03/14)
* How eating certain foods can help you deal better with stress (The Globe-02/03/14)
* Why Digital Health Will Have A Huge Impact (Forbes-02/03/14)
* Probiotics can help women with weight loss: study (Daily News-01/31/14)
Tag Archive for wellness
In the News…
* Cold air may help you lose weight by making your body burn calories to keep warm (Washington Post-01/26/14)
* Unraveling any weight-gain links to stress, cortisol (Los Angeles Times-01/24/14)
* At Davos, Rising Stress Spurs Goldie Hawn Meditation Talk (Bloomberg News-01/21/14)
* Working with ‘mindfulness’ reduces stress in the workplace (Miami Herald-01/21/14)
In the News…
* Report: Food insecurity rising as crop production falls (The Washington Times-11/03/13)
* Sleep apnea booming; new treatments offer alternatives (USA Today-11/02/13)
* Obesity and health have a complex relationship according to research (Las Vegas Guardian Express-11/01/13)
* International research conference unveils new findings on whole body health benefits of foods rich in polyphenols (4 Traders-11/01/13)
POWER LIVING® TV: How can you lose weight naturally? One way is to eat mindfully. Join Dr. Terri Kennedy in this Mindful Eating Exercise using an apple. In addition to losing weight, by eating mindfully, you will become more aware your food choices and truly enjoy the eating experience. If you’ve never tried a mindful eating exercise before, you might find it funny to slow down and actually chew your food. Nevertheless, there are countless benefits so give it a try!
PWR FOODS: Carrot Ginger Soup is one of my absolute favorite soups in Fall and Winter. It is packed with vitamin A and beta-carotene from the carrots which help to protect eyesight. It also gives a shot of vitamin C and iron – the vitamin C allows you to better absorb the iron. Lastly, the ginger is good for digestion and has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties. Try out this vegan recipe which has no cream.
In the summer, it’s time to enjoy cooling foods – water-filled fruits and vegetables. Summer is associated with the element Fire, according to the Taoist Five Element Theory. Fire is the energetic force that governs the health and functionality of your heart and small intestines, as well as the functions of circulation and heating in the body. It is important to cut back on refined foods and animal fats to allow these organs to restore themselves.
THE BUZZ: On Saturday, April 28th, 2012, I participated in The 1st Annual Holistic Wellness Expo presented by The City College of New York Continuing and Professional Studies in partnership with The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce Harlem Healthy Eating & Healthy Living Initiative. It was held at The Great Hall of Shepard Hall, and…