When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening anymore.
- Florence Griffith Joyner (Olympian/gold medalist in athletics in 1988 and silver medalist in 1988 and 1984)
The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else. It has to be yours.
- Peggy Fleming (Olympian/gold medalist in figure skating in 1968)
Nothing is impossible. With so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.
- Michael Phelps (Olympian/U.S. gold medalist in swimming)
There’s always a point where you get knocked down. But I draw on what I’ve learned on the track: If you work hard, things will work out.
- Lolo Jones (American track & field and bobsled athlete/Olympian)
Curling is not a sport. I called my grandmother and told her she could win a gold medal because they have dusting in the Olympics now.
- Charles Barkley (American basketball player, Olympian/U.S. gold medalist)
Sometimes it’s just the beer and bikinis that get people to come and watch, but it’s the competition that’s keeping them there.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (Olympian, U.S. beach volleyballer)
They picked me for a doping test. They simply cannot believe that such a great body can be built without any banned stuff.
- Zoltan Szcesi (Olympian, Hungarian water polo player)