QUOTE CARD: “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
-Billie Jean King
Tag Archive for sports
In tropical countries, millions of people drink coconut water straight from the coconut. Natural, unsweetened coconut water is 100 percent fat-free and cholesterol-free. It contains a high level of potassium – more than a banana – which helps re-hydrate the body. It is packed with electrolytes, minerals, proteins, fibers and vitamins. With lower acidity than sports drinks and juices, coconut water is a great drink directly after a workout.
Learn more in the Seven-Day PWR Detox book.
Girls playing sports is not about winning gold medals. It’s about self-esteem, learning to compete and learning how hard you have to work in order to achieve your goals.
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Olympian, U.S. track and field)
You’ve got to look for tough competition. You’ve got to want to beat the best.
- Grete Waitz (Olympian/Norwegian marathon runner and former world record holder)
This ability to conquer oneself is no doubt the most precious of all things sports bestows.
- Olga Korbut (Olympian/Belarusian gymnast, gold & silver medalist)
If you dream and you allow yourself to dream you can do anything.
- Clara Hughes (Olympian/Canadian cyclist and speed skater, multiple medals)
Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit.
- Mary Lou Retton (Olympian/gold medalist at 1984 Summer Games)
I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
- Mia Hamm (Olympian/gold medalist in women’s soccer)
Never put an age limit on your dreams.
- Dara Torres (Olympian/U.S. gold medalist in swimming)