In the News…
* 10 foods that destroy your diet (Fox News-05/18/14)
* Stress of cancer diagnosis eased with yoga, meditation (The Journal News-05/17/14)
* Concentrative or Nondirective Meditation? Which Does Science Say Works Better? (Science 2.0-05/15/14)
* Exercise: Can There Be Too Much Of A Good Thing? (Forbes-05/15/14)
Tag Archive for science
Science investigates religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power religion gives man wisdom which is control.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
- Charles Darwin
In the News…
* McDonalds’s Promises More Fruits and Veggies (ABC News-09/27/13)
* Antidepressant use may lead to diabetes, study suggests (CBS News-09/25/13)
* Health Kick ‘Reverses Cell Aging’ (BBC News-09/16/13)
* Drug Trial for Autism Shows Promise (The Boston Globe-09/02/13)
BOOK: Treat Yourself to Life, by Raymond Charles Barker – This little book was one of the classic texts in my mom’s library (I actually still have her original copy). It explains how, through spiritual mind treatment, you can deliberately impress the subconscious with a creative idea so that it can manifest.
THE UNIVERSE. Do you know who and what you are? Do you know your role in this Universe? How often do you think about the world in which you live? I’m not talking about politics or the economy. I’m talking about the power of the Universe – the vastness of the sky, the depths of the ocean, the richness of the earth, the diversity in Nature, and you as a sentient participant. Whenever I go to Washington, D.C., I hire Mohammed
GRATITUDE. Do you actively appreciate what you have? Do you focus on misfortunes or blessings? What do you hold on to when times are tough? The constant flow of negative media headlines makes me pause and reflect. I end up feeling a sense of profound gratitude. It prompts me to look at my own life and count my blessings.