In the News…
* For a restful night, make your smartphone sleep on the couch (NDTV-02/10/14)
* Exercise like an Olympian (The Boston Globe-02/10/14)
* Star Jones: ‘I am the face of heart disease’ (CNN-02/07/14)
* Too much sugar linked to fatal heart disease, even in those who are not obese (CBS News-02/03/14)
Tag Archive for Olympian
Nothing is impossible. With so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.
- Michael Phelps (Olympian/U.S. gold medalist in swimming)
There’s always a point where you get knocked down. But I draw on what I’ve learned on the track: If you work hard, things will work out.
- Lolo Jones (American track & field and bobsled athlete/Olympian)
You have to train your mind like you train your body.
- Bruce Jenner (Olympian gold medalist in decathlon in 1976)
I was not talented enough to run and smile at the same time.
- Emil Zatopek (Czech long-distance runner/gold medalist at 1952 Olympics)
Curling is not a sport. I called my grandmother and told her she could win a gold medal because they have dusting in the Olympics now.
- Charles Barkley (American basketball player, Olympian/U.S. gold medalist)
Sometimes it’s just the beer and bikinis that get people to come and watch, but it’s the competition that’s keeping them there.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (Olympian, U.S. beach volleyballer)
They picked me for a doping test. They simply cannot believe that such a great body can be built without any banned stuff.
- Zoltan Szcesi (Olympian, Hungarian water polo player)
I have been dubbed ‘the girl who puts the glamour into hammer’.
- Sophie Hitchon (Olympian, British hammer thrower)