Go Nuts For Your Health
How would you like to curb your appetite and get an energy boost? Grab some nuts for a good heart and brain-healthy snack:
* Almonds – vitamin E, magnesium, calcium; reduces inflammation and helps block pain
* Walnuts – omega-3 fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid; reduces inflammation, helps prevent heart disease and depression
* Peanuts ** – folate, resveratrol, vitamin E, B3; boosts brain health and fights aging
* Pistachios – vitamin A, E and B6; calms nervous system, supports immune health, helps blood flow, fights inflammation
* Brazil Nuts – selenium reduces anxiety and protects against prostate cancer
Choose raw and unsalted nuts. Create your own mix and eat in moderation with a healthy carbohydrate like an apple.
Extra Tip: Almonds are the lowest in calories, pecans and macadamia nuts are the highest.
**peanuts are actually a legume
Contributed by Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy. Part of the Power Living® Empowerment Series.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT: Check out articles and tips on Healthy Living and Work & Life. For inspiration, go to our Quote Cards, Affirmations, Impressions, Postcards, and The Power of… column. Also, check out Power Living TV and The Power List of powerful books, movies and DVDs.
PRODUCTS & COACHING: For more, check out Power Living books, CDs and more. Need help reaching your health & wellness goals, clarifying your purpose or taking your work/life to the next level? Find out about our coaching services.